- All installations shall be laid out by contractor in accordance with construction plans.
- Posts should be set in concrete appropriate for local conditions and anticipated wind loads.
- Install posts plumb and rails level per ASTM 2780-09 and industry standard practices.
- Post spacing shall allow for two expanded metal razor mesh panels per section and shall vary based on height and topography per manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Expanded metal razor mesh panels are installed long way of the diamond running vertically or horizontally.
- Expanded metal razor mesh panels attach to posts and rails using clamps and bands equally spaced every 15-18″.
- Clamps are sized to fit posts on the non-attack side of the fence and hold razor mesh in place with flat bar clamp on the attack side.
- Begin installation at a terminal post by attaching the panel flush with the attack side of the fence using bands.
- Attach mesh at the rails (top, mid or bottom) using clamps in a similar manner.
- Razor mesh panels shall overlap two diamonds or 4 inches and be secured to each other with clamps spaced equally along the vertical height of the fence between posts.
- Razor mesh panels additionally overlap at line posts and are attached at the line posts with clamps.
- Allied recommends the use of breakaway nuts with standard carriage bolts.
For additional information, contact 740-928-1019.